Which antenna gives the best TV reception on your caravan or RV?
Always use a good quality (white usually) silicone type product between the mounts and the van wall to waterproof the van and always turn of the power supply to your van .
Wind up style Campers and soft wall or flip over Camper Trailers use a Tall Boy Antenna
A Tall Boy Antenna is Perfect for use on Jayco, Coromal, Goldstream Wind Up style Campers.
Wind up style Camper; due to the nature of your van the bottom bracket will be mounted under the canvas on the side of the van. The Tall Boy gives you another 500 mm height, so that when mounting you can still achieve 500 to 600 mm or 1 section above the roof line(as with all hard top vans) with a total length of about 2.1 meters.
The Tall Boy Antenna is also perfect for Flip over type (Forward, Side and Rear Fold) Camper Trailers as you will need the height to get above the peak of you canvas tent top, if you have a boat rack on your trailie then fit the mounts to the underside of the boat rack to protect them from breakage. Camper Trailers (flip over/soft wall type)with out a boat rack; Use a Mast Support kit it is an efficient Cost Effective way to mount your Tall Boy Fold Away Antenna.
As you will probably be camping off the grid in out of the way places-we recommend that you consider one of our 12 Volt Amplifiers to achieve a maximum potential of watching Free to Air TV whilst travelling Australia’s wonderful terrain, only use the amplifier in marginal low signal areas.
Soft walled Camper Trailers
Use a Tall Boy Antenna with a Mast support kit.
If your camper trailer does not have a boat rack use a Mast Support kit-you can now mount your antenna with minimum effort.
Camper trailers with boat racks; it is as easy as fitting the mounts to the underside of the rack (use steel screws)
Hard walled and Pop top Caravans
Use a Standard Fold Away Antenna.
Fitting of the Fold Away Antenna to a hard walled caravan.
- Find a suitable location for your Antenna (usually the right side).
- Mount the top clip as high as possible on the van or on the pop top.
- Fit the bottom bracket so that the top join on the antenna is just above the top clip or so the arms of the antenna are about 60 cm or so above the top of the van.
A Vans =A Van Tall Boy Antenna with 7 meters of cable
- Find a suitable location for your Antenna (between the windows on the front right side is the best location, some people like it on the rear of the Van)
- Put your Antenna together and plug it into your TV Via your Direct Connector or the wall socket. By having the Antenna plugged in you can see were the Antenna needs to be fitted easily.
- Mount the top clip on the side that locks in last parallel to the ground.
- Fit the bottom bracket so that the antenna is above the top peak of the van.
For further information Call Terry (that’s the boss) or Julia (she let him think he’s the boss) at the factory on 0408 950 492 during business hours or send an email. Just let us know your needs and get the some recomendations on what to use for your specific application.